Go Green Together
“Climate change is affecting us now. We need to change.”
That’s the view of one of our residents commenting in our Go Green Together survey. You can read about this survey here. And the same bleak message was reported by the UN body on climate change in August 2021. The science shows humans are to blame for causing climate change.
- Temperatures will keep rising
- Weather is getting more extreme
- Arctic summers could soon be free of ice
- Seas will rise no matter what
- We’re running out of time
All countries, governments and businesses around the world must do their bit to cut carbon emissions and stop climate change. And that includes Together Housing.
We plan to:
- Improve the energy efficiency of our homes.
- Move away from heating systems based on fossil fuels.
- Use our homes to generate up to 50 megawatts of renewable power using solar energy and battery storage systems.
- By 2030, achieve a 50% reduction in our operational carbon impact from our 2020 position.
- By 2030, ensure all new housing is EPC A rated for energy efficiency and carbon impact.
It’s a big challenge and we have big ambitions. Time, effort and investment are going to be needed to achieve these targets. There are no quick and easy answers. It will take years, not months.
But by working together, we can achieve change.
We can reduce our carbon emissions.
We can – Go Green Together.
We want to take our residents with us on our carbon reduction journey by explaining what we’re doing, why we’re doing it and how residents can get involved. These pages will contain our latest Go Green Together news and resources, so please visit again soon.
If you would like to get involved with Go Green Together, please get in-touch by e-mail: email@example.com