Together Housing Logo
Generic filters


Car parking

If your neighbour is parking in a manner which obstructs your ability to enter or leave your home and/or allocated parking space, start by speaking to them first, they may not be aware their actions are causing you a problem.

Please refer to ‘Resolving problems with your neighbour’ for guidance. If the problem continues then you can take the following action.

If the car is on a public road report this to the Local Authority, they may be able to assist by issuing a Penalty Charge Notice, or you can contact the Police.

If the land is owned by Together Housing, you can Report ASB below. 


This refers to the repairing of vehicles in the street and is aimed at those carrying out repairs as part of running a vehicle repair business, and not individuals repairing their own cars/bikes.

If you are being disturbed by a neighbour carrying out repairs, start by speaking to them, they may not be aware they are disturbing you. If the problem continues and you believe an offence is occurring then you can either:

If it is on a public highway, contact the Local Authority who can investigate and consider action under the Clean Neighbourhood and Environment Act 2005.

If the land is owned by Together Housing, and they are causing a persistent noise nuisance by undertaking the repairs, please Report ASB below.

Noise from vehicles

We would not normally consider this to be anti social behaviour.

We would suggest you have a friendly word with your neighbour first as they may not be aware that they are disturbing you. Please see icon below ‘Resolving problems with your Neighbour’ for additional guidance.

If you still feel you are being disturbed, we suggest that you contact your local Council. Should they take action we can use this as evidence against the Subject of the complaint if appropriate.

If the behaviour is persistent*, revving of engines, sounding horns, during the day or at night time**, and you do not feel safe in approaching your neighbour, or you have tried and the situation has not improved, once you have contact the local Council or police please contact us by telephone or by Reporting ASB below.

*Persistent’ means the disturbance lasts for continuous periods of over 30 minutes a day, for at least 5 days within 1 week.
**Night time – After 11pm and before 7am.

Dangerous driving

If you believe that a Road Traffic Offence has been committed, such as speeding or dangerous driver, you should report the incident and circumstances as soon as possible to your local Police.

Report to the police on 101 or 999

Some local authorities can install traffic calming measures to improve road safety. These may include road humps, chicanes, traffic islands etc. The Local Authority will decide whether a road needs traffic calming and, if so, which measures are most suitable. The specific traffic problem will dictate the location, type and size of traffic calming measures.

These are usually chosen after discussion with road safety officers, local residents and the emergency services; they may conduct an independent study to assess the problem.

Your Neighbourhood Antisocial behaviour (ASB) ASB reporting toolkit Vehicles