Together Housing Logo
Generic filters


Dog fouling

If you own or are in charge of a dog, you have to clear up any dog fouling in any public space.

If you do not make a reasonable effort to do so, you are committing an offence. This applies even if you are not present at the time. It also applies to communal garden areas and residential properties.

You can be given an on the spot fine if you don’t clean up after your dog, and if taken to court you could be fined up to £1000. If you have witnessed dog fouling, report it to your local council. All information is in the strictest confidence.

You could discuss this problem with your neighbour, please see icon below ‘Resolving problems with your Neighbour

Alternatively use the links below to report the matter.

Dangerous dogs

It is against the law if a dog is dangerous and out of control anywhere – whether this is in a public place, a neighbours garden or even in your own home.

The dog doesn’t have to bite someone; it could just show aggressive behaviour that makes someone feel in fear for their safety.

If you are in fear of your safety, please contact the police immediately, to report the dangerous dog.

Once you have reported to the police, please contact us by telephone or use the online reporting form.

Noise from animals

We want everyone to enjoy living in their home and we would ask all residents to be tolerant and considerate.

If their pet is causing you a nuisance, we would suggest that you have a friendly word with them as they may not be aware that their pet is causing any issues for you. Please see ‘Resolving problems with your Neighbour

If the behaviour is persistent (continuous periods lasting over 30 minutes a day for at least 5 days within one week) and you do not feel safe approaching your neighbour or you have tried and the situation has not improved, you can contact the local Environmental Health officer and complete diary sheets with dates and times of incidents

If you have any concerns regarding the welfare of the animal, please contact the RSPCA.

Uncontrolled dogs

It is the law that all dogs must be microchipped with the correct owner details.

Microchipping is a permanent way of identifying your dog. It can help to reunite you with your dog, if it is lost or stolen. The owner of the dog can be fined. Uncontrolled animals which are allowed to roam the street unsupervised should be reported to your local authority.

If you have any concerns regarding the welfare of the animal, please contact the RSPCA.

If the animal is dangerously out of control and you are concerned for your safety of that of others, contact the police immediately.

Your Neighbourhood Antisocial behaviour (ASB) ASB reporting toolkit Animals