Right to Rent
Right to Rent
We are now required by the home office to carry out Right to Rent checks before we allow you to sign for a tenancy, if you cannot provide this information then you will not be eligible to rent a property from ourselves.
Every member of the household over the age of 18 will need to supply the following in person in order we can verify the documents.
We only require ONE of the following:
List A (Group 1)
- UK Passport EEA National Passport / Identity Card
- Registration Certificate for Permanent Residence of EEA National
- EEA Family Member Permanent Residence Card
- Biometric Residence Permit with Unlimited Leave
- Passport or Travel Document Endorsed with Unlimited Leave
- UK Immigration Status Document Endorsed with Unlimited Leave
- A Certificate of Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen
If you cannot provide one of the above documents you will need to provide TWO of the following:
List A (Group 2)
- UK Birth/Adoption Certificate Full/Provisional UK Driving Licence (Photo Card)
- A Letter from HM Prison Service Criminal Record Check
- A Letter from a UK Government Department or Local Authority
- A Letter from National Offender Management Service
- Evidence of current or previous service in UK Armed Forces
- A letter from police confirming certain documents reported stolen
- A letter from a Private Rented Sector Access Scheme
- A letter of attestation from an employer
- Benefits Paperwork (Must be from within the last 3 months)
- A letter from a UK Further or Higher Education Institute
- A letter of attestation from a UK passport holder working in an acceptable profession.
If you only have a limited leave to remain in the UK then you will need to
provide the following:
- A valid passport endorsed with a time-limited period
- Biometric immigration document with permission to stay for a time limited period
- Non-EEA National Residence Card
- UK immigration status document with a time limited endorsement from Home Office.
IMPORTANT: All documentation must be provided for every member of the household aged 18 and over in person it is not acceptable to present evidence on behalf of another individual. Failure to comply with the criteria may result in the keys being withheld; offer being withdrawn and/or your application being suspended/cancelled.