Complaints Data 2018 / 2019
Examples of what we will consider as a complaint include:-
- Failure to provide a service;
- Failure to provide a service to a standard that could reasonably be expected;
- Failure to follow a Together Housing policy or procedure;
- The unhelpful attitude of a member of staff; and
- Failure to provide information or the right information in a timely manner.
Across thesector, complaints continued to rise. This year we saw an 11% increase in the number of complaints that we received. During the period (86%) were resolved at initial contact with a member of staff.
Nature of complaints
57% of complaints relate to repairs, though there are complaints for most service areas including the service provided by the gas team 179 and Neighbourhoods 156.
Outcome of complaints
- Reviewing contractor performance;
- New process for updating appointments & informing customers;
- Additional inspectors;
- Monitoring call-back performance;
- Reviewing parts availability;
- Boiler testing process improved; and
- Self help information on website.
We really appreciate it when people take to time to recognise when staff have done a great job. During the period 2018 - 2019 we recorded 507 Compliments, up from 484 in the previous year.
You can view an archive of complaints performance by clicking here.