You should make the following arrangements as soon as you know what date your tenancy will start.
Here are some tips to help you get up and running in your new home.
- Arrange your gas and electricity connections for the day you move in, if supplies have been disconnected.
- If they haven’t, take final meter readings and let the supply companies know that you are the new tenant.
- Let us know at least 48 hours before you intend to move in so we can make the necessary access arrangements, such as commissioning and servicing gas appliances and handing over keys.
- You also need to let the water company and local council know when you are moving in, as you are responsible for your own water charges and council tax payments.
- You must make arrangements for a qualified electrician or "Gas Safe" registered plumber to install your cooker. They must ensure that a copy of the installation certificate is sent to us for the attention of the "Gas servicing team".
- Make the other occupancy arrangements you need such as connecting your telephone and buying your TV licence.