Skip to main content
We apologise but we are currently experiencing high call volume at the moment due to COVID-19.

Please use our website to contact us and we will answer your enquiries as soon as possible.

Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions

Here are a selection of our most frequently asked questions. 

Where is the fuse box?

We will usually advise you of the location of your fuse box when we show you the property.

If you were not shown, or have forgotten, simply get in touch with us on 0300 555 5560 and we will be happy to assist you.

Property Keys

We do not keep spare keys or copies.

If you need additional keys cutting, you must visit a lock smith and obtain your own. This can be done for a small charge.

We recommend keeping a note of your key numbers and to ensue you have a spare key.

Some of our schemes use special security keys, where you will need to obtain a letter of approval from us before anyone will cut you a new key. If you need such an approval, please contact us on 0300 555 5560.

We do not keep spare keys, should you lose your keys and require replacement keys or locks, we will make a charge as per our Tenant Responsibile Repairs policy, so leave a spare set with a relative or friend you trust if you can.


Together Housing is only responsible for insuring your building (the bricks, walls and roof), it is up to you to protect yourself when it comes to insuring your property’s contents

Should the unfortunate happen, such as a house fire, Together Housing is only responsible for the building - the bricks, walls and roof, it is your responsibility to insure your personal possessions, such as your clothing and furniture.

We strongly recommend obtaining Contents Insurance, which would cover your personal possessions should the unthinkable happen in your home.

For more details on our Home Contents Insurance, please click here.

Can I keep a pet?

Please check your Tenancy Document to find out if you are allowed to keep a pet, or call us on 0300 555 5560.

In most circumstances, you will need to ask our permission.

Please also be aware, that barking dogs and other unwanted animal behaviour could be considered Anti Social Behaviour

Will I need to pay Council Tax?

You’ll usually have to pay Council Tax if you’re aged 18 or over and own or rent a home.

Your Council Tax bill is based on at least 2 adults living in a home. Spouses and partners who live together are jointly responsible for paying the bill.

You’ll get 25% off your bill if you count as an adult for Council Tax and either:

  • you live on your own
  • no-one else in your home counts as an adult, for example if you live with a child.

You can find out more information on Council Tax, including what you will have to pay here.

Where is my local doctors and hospital?

You can find your local NHS Services by visiting the NHS website.

The NHS Website allows you to search and find a range of local services, to access it, click here.

Where are my local schools?

To find your local school, you should contact your local council, your local council can help you find:

Your local council can also help you apply for school places in other areas.

You can also visit the .gov website, which provides a range of resources on finding schools here.


Do I need a TV Licence?

You will need a Television Licence for your home, if you:

  • watch or record live TV programmes on any channel
  • download or watch BBC programmes on the iPlayer.

This could be on any device, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

You could face prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000 if you’re caught watching TV without a licence.

Click here for more information and to visit TV Licencing

Something is broken, how do I arrange a repair?

If something isn't right in your home and is in need of repair, you need to let us know by reporting it to us.

You can report repairs quickly and easilly online here.

You can read our Repairs and Gas Maintenance Service Standard here, this lets you know what we will, and wont do, and what repairs you are responsible for.

Something went wrong, and I'd like to complain

We adopt a positive culture towards complaints (and other feedback), and we recognise all feedback as a learning opportunity to improve the services we provide to our customers.

In dealing with complaints, we aim to treat  people fairly and aim to find an appropriate and satisfactory resolutions to complaints, and seek to remedy situations where we have got things wrong.

You can read our Compliments, Complaints and Comments Service Standard here, and should you need to make a complaint, please click here.