Neglect and physical abuse
When someone doesn’t give you things that you need, including:
- Not giving you your prescribed medicine when you need it;
- Not letting you have food or drink when you are hungry or thirsty;
- Not letting you have equipment that you need, for example, your hearing aid, wheelchair, walking stick;
- Not taking you to the doctor when you are ill;
- Not letting you change the heating if you are too hot or too cold;
- Not purchasing personal hygiene items that you need.
When someone physically hurts you, including:
- Hitting, pushing, hair pulling, pinching, scratching or shaking;
- Not allowing you to move;
- Force-feeding you;
- Giving you too much or too little medicine.