Together Housing Logo
Generic filters

Are you prepared for Universal Credit?

At some point, you may want to claim Universal Credit. Or, you may be asked by the Jobcentre to move over from other benefits onto Universal Credit.

To claim Universal Credit you will need:

  • A mobile phone or other device that can receive text messages
  • An email address
  • Your national insurance number
  • Your rent details and landlord’s address
  • Details of any earning and other income, including childcare costs
  • Access to a computer or device connected to the internet
  • Photo ID such as a passport or driving licence
  • A bank account or similar account for the money to be paid into.
  • Contact us if you make a claim for Universal Credit so we can help you make an arrangement to pay your rent and provide support if you need it.

Universal Credit Telephone Lines

Universal Credit Helpline is 0800 328 5644 or you can ring Citizens Advice Help to Claim service on 0800 144 8444. Both numbers are free from landlines and mobiles.

If you need help with Universal Credit text UC HELP to 66099 and one of our friendly expert Advisors will contact you.

Alternatively, call your Customer Service Centre on 0300 555 5560 and one of the team will be able to help with your query, or direct you to a specialist officer.

Supporting You Managing your money Our benefits advice Universal Credit Are you prepared for Universal Credit?