Skip to main content

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

This is a benefit for people who are disabled or have a long term sickness aged 16 – 64.

If you are not currently claiming Disability Living Allowance (DLA):

If you are already claiming Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and aged 16 – 64:

You may be invited to claim Personal Independence Payment to replace your Disability Living Allowance.

You will receive a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to explain how to claim. Click here for information on when this might affect you.

It is very important you respond to this letter, otherwise your entitlement to DLA could stop.

Please contact one of our Welfare Benefit Officers who can help you through this process if you need extra help.