Skip to main content

Benefits and rent

Benefits and rent

You may be able to claim Housing Benefit from your local council to help you pay your rent, if you are on a low income.

Click here for more information and how to claim.

Further information is also available from Citizen’s Advice

If you are on Universal Credit you cannot claim Housing Benefit but may be eligible for help towards your rent in your Universal Credit monthly payment.

For more information on welfare benefits and grants, contact us or see –

A-Z of Benefits

Age UK for older people

Charis Grants to apply for help with fuel bills.

Citizens Advice for information on all benefits and tax credits

Council Tax Reduction for help with your Council Tax

Gingerbread for lone parents

Local Welfare Assistance schemes  for help with urgent needs

Turn2Us to help with benefits and grants

United Utilities for grants for water debt, furniture and white goods