Monday 16 March
Monday 16 March
As per the Government and Public Health England advice, Together Housing continues to provide services as normal. These services include repairs, gas servicing and letting new homes to those in housing need.
This is a fast-moving situation and we are regularly monitoring the latest advice and guidance provided by the Government. The latest information and facts about Coronavirus can be found on the Government website - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
If we need to change the way we work, this will be guided by the expert advice of the Government and Public Health England. The safety and security of our residents and staff remains our primary priority at this difficult time.
In common with other organisations we are already taking some sensible precautions to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. We are encouraging all our staff to wash their hands regularly and we are limiting avoidable contact between staff and residents where we can.
We know that some residents are concerned about Together Housing staff coming into their home and we are therefore making changes in the way we operate. These are as follows:
- From Tuesday 17 March, we will be asking a number of safety questions regarding Coronavirus before visiting any resident’s home. The visit might be for a repair, gas service or from any member of Together Housing staff. When necessary we will put a stop to all non-emergency visits for a period of 14 days.
- Before any visit takes place, we will contact the resident beforehand to see if the situation has changed. If there are concerns about Coronavirus at this point then the visit will not take place. Together Housing will then put a stop to all non-emergency visits for a period of 14 days.
- Emergency visits will continue to take place as and when required.
If residents wish to get in touch this can be done through the following means:
- Online message – This can be done 24 hours a day by the online form at - https://www.togetherhousing.co.uk/get-in-touch/contact-us/; and
- Telephone - 0300 555 5560 - lines are open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (Emergency service only outside these hours).