Garden Competition 2019
Garden Competition 2019
The end of the month marks the start of National Gardening Week (29 April – 5 May) so is the perfect time to showcase your beautiful gardens by entering our annual gardening competition.
This year there are new categories to enter.
- Community Corner – have you gardened as a team to create and maintain a community garden or area of communal grounds? Then this is the category for you.
- Mini Gardens – small is beautiful, if your floral arrangements are in containers, hanging baskets or in a patio or similar area, enter here.
- Floral Garden/Borders – this is the category for you if you have a floral garden or blossoming borders.
- Children age 5-16 – budding young gardeners should enter this category.
- Gardener of the Year – all competition entrants will be automatically in with a chance of winning this prestigious award.
How to Enter:
Please email three photos of your garden along with the category you would like to enter and your contact details to: email@example.com
Or post your photos with the category you would like to enter and your contact details to: Christine Fenton, Resident Engagement Assistant, Prospect House, Wharf Street, Blackburn, BB1 1JD.
Join our Together Housing Resident Engagementpage on Facebook and upload three photographs. Please don’t make your address public on Facebook, we will private message you for your details.
Last year’s winner Robert Ingham from Illingworth won £50 Love2Shop vouchers after scoring 117 out of 120 points.
Some of the comments made by the judges were:
- “Beautiful Acer. Amazing use of colour and well maintained.”
- “Really lovely, well designed garden.”
- “Very nice, do it again next year.”
- “A fantastic garden.”
- “Beautiful garden! How lovely!”
Robert, who got into gardening after he found an elderly neighbour pulling up weeds from his garden, said: “The most common mistake people make when gardening is they think they can do it all in a day but it’s much easier to manage if you do a little bit each day. It’s all about trial and error, trying different plants and flowers and seeing what complements your garden.”
To hear more from Robert and get a tour of his winning garden, visit Facebook.
The closing date for entries is 31st July 2019 and the winners will be announced by the end of August.
Happy gardening and good luck!