Skip to main content

Contents insurance

Contents insurance

You may think you don’t need contents insurance, but without insurance, your furniture, belongings and other personal items within your home are not covered in case of theft, fire, vandalism, burst pipes and other household risks. As a shared owner and a leaseholder, Together Housing already covers and recharges you for the Buildings Insurance cover, but you are responsible for your own Contents Insurance.

Contents insurance 2

Home contents insurance covers you and your household for loss, theft or damage to your personal possessions. Depending on the level of cover you choose to take out, it can also cover you for items taken outside the home, for example, whilst on holiday.

We have negotiated a special discounted rate Contents Insurance Policy with Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance Plc that is available for all our tenants, shared owners and leaseholders.  

Our specially negotiated insurance will cover most of your household goods and contents, such as your furniture, TV, clothing, carpets, electrical items and general household goods. It will also cover you against loss or damage caused by specific events such as theft, fire and flood. You can also choose to add additional coverage to your policy like Accidental Damage, which will protect you in the event of an accident.

This policy insures your contents on a “new-for-old” basis, meaning items would be replaced as new if destroyed by an event insured by the policy.

If you don’t have contents insurance, but something does happen to your contents, they can be expensive to replace on your own.

You can apply for our special housing contents insurance scheme by visiting Your Account. You can also find your own insurance policy, if you choose to, through comparison websites which allow you to see multiple quotes from several suppliers and pick the cover that is best for you.

Posted: .

Article by: