Do you have a health condition and would like support to find and stay in work? Working Win is open to people registered with a GP in South Yorkshire or Bassetlaw who are out of work and looking to find a job, as well as people who are in work and struggling or off work due to sickness. The trial is entirely voluntary and will not affect people’s benefits entitlements.
The Health-led Employment Trial is an experimental trial testing a new employment support service for people with a health condition. The trial aims to find out how good this new service is at helping people to find and stay in work, and is now live.
What is the service we are testing?
- One-to-one support to suit your needs and employment goals
- Working with your health care team to help you manage any difficulties
- Help finding a job if you are not in paid employment, and continued support once you have started
- Help to continue working if you are struggling to manage your health condition at work
- Benefits advice to find out if work could increase your income
- Help talking to your employer about your needs at work
- Meetings over the phone or in person at a location that is convenient for you
How does the trial work?
The Health-led Employment Trial is a randomised control trial, meaning people who take part will be randomly placed into one of two research groups. One group will receive the new service and the other group will be provided with information about existing services in their area.
Who is the trial for?
- People registered with a GP in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw
- People with a mental health and/or physical health condition
- People who are out of work and want to work; or working and want support to continue working
- People aged 18+ at the time of referral
How do I take part?
The trial is open to people registered with a GP in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw. If you are interested, the next step is to have an initial meeting with the Health-led Employment Trial team to discuss the trial in more detail and decide if you would like to take part.
To arrange an initial meeting you can either:
Speak to your GP or local health professional
Fill in the sign up form online here.
Contact the Health-led Employment Trial team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0114 2900218.