Skip to main content
We apologise but we are currently experiencing high call volume at the moment due to COVID-19.

Please use our website to contact us and we will answer your enquiries as soon as possible.



Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is a new benefit that will eventually replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for people aged 16 – 64 who are disabled or have a long term health condition.

When will I be asked to claim PIP? You may be asked by the DWP (Department for Work and Pensions) to claim PIP in the next few months if you live in Blackburn

You will receive a letter from DWP “inviting you to claim PIP. This is not a choice, in order to continue receiving benefit, you MUST respond to this letter and claim the new benefit otherwise your payments will stop.

The claim forms can be complicated you can call our Welfare Benefit Officers on the numbers above.

Top Tips

  • Respond immediately when you receive your letter inviting you to claim;

  • Seek help from us if you find it difficult to complete the form;

  • See more information on these websites and


Posted: .