The relationship we have with our residents is very important to us. We have worked hard to understand residents’ expectations of our services and what great customer service means to residents in practice.
We started this conversation at our Residents’ Conference in 2018. Last year, we held workshops with groups of residents. Recently, we surveyed residents to gather more feedback. This has led to our new Residents’ Charter which makes our commitments clear to both residents and staff.
Our new Residents’ Charter is based on our four customer service principles:
- Easy to do business with and deliver great services
- Communicate clearly and simply when keeping residents’ updates
- Take ownership of residents’ issues and achieve high customer satisfaction
- Trust us to listen and deliver what we say we will do.
Our new Charter makes six main commitments:
- Relationships – we will treat you with respect in all our communications and interactions.
- Quality – you can expect your home to be good quality, well maintained, safe and well managed.
- Communication – you will receive clear, accessible and timely information from Together Housing on the issues that matter to you.
- Accountability – collectively, residents will work in partnership with Together Housing to independently scrutinise and hold us to account for the decisions that affect your homes and services and the quality of the homes and services we provide.
- Voice and Influence – your views will be sought and valued, and this information will be used to inform decisions. Every individual resident will feel listened to by us on the issues that matter and can speak freely.
- When things go wrong – you will have simple and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress. You will receive timely advice and support when things go wrong.
For more information, contact our Resident Engagement team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org