Together Housing Logo
Generic filters

When making your house a home you may have many questions about decorating and making alterations.

As a shared owner you have the right to decorate your home as you wish, whether that is with neutral walls or colourful murals.

However, for any structural alterations or additions to your home you will need to check the details of your lease. These alterations could be small changes like adding additional lighting, extending your patio, changing kitchen units or adding additional plumbing as well as larger structural changes or adding a conservatory, fitting a new kitchen, or extending your property.

Your lease will specify whether you are allowed to make any alterations to your property. It will also specify if you need to obtain written permission from us first. In most cases no changes or alterations can be made without consent being obtained from Together Housing.

It is very important to comply with the terms of your lease on this as alterations could affect the structural stability of your property and if we have not provided written consent or it causes subsequent issues as a result, then you may be required to restore the alterations back to their previous condition.

Making alterations without permission could affect your property if it is still in its defect period or if you later try to sell it.

If you would like to make any  alterations in your home , please contact our Home Ownership team.

Please note our fees for approving alterations.

Latest News Making alterations to your home