Garden Competition 2021
Calling our green fingered gardeners!
It’s that time of year again where you can get out into the fresh air and prepare to showcase your beautiful gardens. This year we have the usual categories and have added a ‘General Gardens’ category to celebrate all gardens with their unique charm.
For each category there will be three winners. First place will win £60 in Love2Shop vouchers, second place will win £40 in Love2Shop vouchers and third place will win £30 in Love2Shop vouchers. Everyone who enters will also be put forward for the Gardener of the Year category automatically and the winner of this award will receive £60 in Love2Shop vouchers.
We can’t wait to see your entries, good luck!
Below you can find all of this year’s categories as well as instructions on how to get involved.
The closing date for all entries will be Friday 30th July.
Have you worked as a team to create and maintain a community garden or area of communal grounds? Then this category is for you. By clicking the ‘enter here’ button you can send your competition photos with your contact details to our Resident Engagement Team.
This category was first introduced last year and is back by popular demand. If your plants are in containers, hanging baskets or in a patio or similar area, then enter this category! By clicking the ‘enter here’ button you can send your competition photos with your contact details to our Resident Engagement Team.
This is the category for you if you have a floral garden or blossoming borders. By clicking the ‘enter here’ button you can send your competition photos with your contact details to our Resident Engagement Team.
This category is for young people aged 5-16 years old. We want budding young gardeners to showcase their skills. We didn’t have many entries for this category last year, so please encourage your children to enter! By clicking the ‘enter here’ button you can send your competition photos with your contact details to our Resident Engagement Team.
Are you looking at the categories and wondering where you fit? Then this category is for you. The General Gardens category gives a chance for all gardens to show off their unique charm. This can be from a patio haven, to a green and leafy space, – all are welcome! By clicking the ‘enter here’ button you can send your competition photos with your contact details to our Resident Engagement Team.
How to enter
1. Find the category you would like to enter on this page.
2. Click the ‘enter here’ button. This will take you to an online form.
3. Upload five photographs of your garden to the form and include your contact details. Double check everything is filled in correctly and press send.
4. Keep an eye on our website as well as our social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) for the winner announcement by the end of August!
Terms and conditions
This competition is for Together Housing Association residents only. By submitting a photograph to the Together Housing Gardening Competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The photo was taken legally (for example, but not limited to, decency, trespass, invasion of privacy, or in violation of section 58A of the Terrorism Act)
- The photo is your own original work, or you have the express permission, preferably in writing, of the photo’s creator.
- If the photo depicts people, it is assumed that they must also have agreed to these terms and conditions. Where the photo includes children or people without capacity to consent, you must be the primary carer or person with responsibility for duty of care or have the express permission, preferably in writing, of that person.
- If the photo depicts intellectual property, you must be the owner or have the express permission, preferably in writing, of that person.
- You understand and fully grant Together Housing Group with the right to store or reproduce or share the photo in any format and on any channel that they see fit without further reference to consent or copyright.
- You understand that Together Housing Group’s decision on the result of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You understand you solely are responsible for implementing these terms and conditions and that Together Housing Group may undertake no further checks. You further understand that if Together Housing Group have cause to believe that any of these terms and conditions have not been observed they can remove this photo from the competition, publication or void prizes at any time and without further notice or correspondence.
- These terms do not affect any of your statutory rights.