Each year in the UK there are 20,000 accidental electrical fires, so it is important for us to complete electrical safety checks in your home.
The regulator has confirmed that we must continue with compliance checks during the coronavirus crisis. This means that we, as your landlord, must ensure the electrical installation in your home is safe. This test is important in keeping you safe in your home.
If you have an electrical check coming up soon, we will contact you before the appointment. Please tell us if:
- You or anyone in your household has developed symptoms and is self-isolating for either 7 or 14 days. Appointments can be rearranged after the quarantine period has ended.
- You are shielding to protect a vulnerable member of your household.
- You are over 70 years old or have another vulnerability such as pregnancy.
What will happen during an electrical safety check?
- To keep you safe, a qualified electrician will visit your home to do a FREE electrical safety test.
- It usually takes between 2 to 4 hours. This depends on whether any faults are identified.
- Your electricity will need to be switched off for the test. This is usually for around 1 hour.
What safety measures will be taken?
We understand that you might have concerns about allowing one of our technicians into your home at this time. Rest assured, all our staff have been instructed on how to work safely in residents’ homes.
- Don’t be offended if the technician reminds you about the Government’s safety guidance on staying two metres apart. Where possible, please do not be in the same room as where the technician is working.
- They will wear personal protective equipment and use cleaning wipes and hand sanitiser. Don’t be offended if the technician washes their hands and uses their own paper towels to dry their hands.
- You are no longer required to sign to confirm that the work has been done.
What will be checked?
- The electrician will check that circuits aren’t overloaded.
- There are no electrical shock risks or fire hazards.
- All electric wiring is safe.
- Your home is safe.
For your safety and the safety of your family and neighbours please be in for your appointment.
We can be flexible about the appointment date, but we are still required to complete our electrical checks. In some cases, if we are not able to complete a full electrical check, we will complete a short electrical safety check that will only take around 30 minutes but will ensure your electrics are in good working order.
Get in touch
We are here to support you. If you have any concerns, please contact us.
- Online – This can be done 24 hours a day by the online form here.
- Telephone – 0300 555 5560 – lines are open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (emergency service only outside these hours).