You may have been approached by people working for a Claim Handler or Solicitor wanting to talk to you about cases of disrepair to your home and advising you to take out a claim against your landlord.
At Together Housing, we take our responsibility for doing repairs very seriously. We will make every attempt to do repairs in line with our repairs policy, which forms part of your tenancy agreement.
Please be aware, we always defend cases brought before us. This is often an unnecessary cost that could be better used for improvements to our residents’ homes. In 2020/21, we spent £270,000 on legal fees managing claims, which could have been spent on repairs and other improvements.
These cases are not always what they seem. If your case turns out to be not profitable for the legal firm, despite a no win no fee promise, you may find:
- You get a bill for all or some of the legal costs
- You get a bill for the costs of a surveyor who acts on your behalf
Make sure you:
- Always ask the right questions
- Check the small print
Help us get it right first time by:
- Reporting all repairs quickly
- Making sure you are in for your repair appointment
- Raising any complaints you have with us directly
You can report repairs:
- By our website
- By using our mobile app
- By calling 0300 555 5560