Together Housing Logo
Generic filters

If you lost all your possessions in a fire and you didn’t have contents insurance what would you do?

When a fire happens the damage afterwards can be devastating. Even if you aren’t injured, your furniture and other personal possessions could be damaged beyond repair.

You may think you don’t need contents insurance, but without it your furniture, belongings and other personal items within your home are not covered in case of theft, damage or loss. As a landlord we cover the Building Insurance, but you are responsible for your own Contents Insurance.

An easy way to get home content insurance is through our Just For You scheme we have negotiated with Royal and Sun Alliance. Then in the event of a fire, Just For You will support you through the initial incident and your insurance claim.

The cover for the Just For You scheme starts annually at £12.68 for £4,000 cover. Having this cover can give you peace of mind to know your belongings will be replaced if the worst should happen.

Some of the key benefits of the Just For You scheme:

  • No excess when claiming which means you can claim for smaller losses
  • Some accidental damage included as standard such as TV and fixed computer equipment such as a PC
  • “Full accidental damage” option available at an extra cost
  • Loss of keys is included which means the insurance would pay for the locks to be changed
  • Weekly, fortnightly, monthly and annual payments available
  • Unlike standard insurers, premiums do not increase if a claim is made

To find out more about the Just For You scheme, or to sign up, please contact us.

Latest News Do you have contents insurance?