This week (13th – 19th September 2021) is Gas Safety Week. The week is organised by the Gas Safe Register and raises awareness about the importance of gas safety.
Gas appliances, like boilers, need to be checked once a year to ensure that they’re gas safe. Without this, appliances can become dangerous for you, your family and even your neighbours too.
By having a gas safety check annually, you can have peace of mind that your gas boiler is safe to use. If you are due a gas safety check, we will be in touch with you to arrange for one of our Gas Safe Registered Engineers to check your boiler.
It is important that you are in for this appointment as an unchecked boiler can be dangerous. If you need to cancel your appointment, you can rearrange by:
- Calling our Customer Service Centre on 0300 555 5560.
- Text Gas Service to 66099 and an advisor will contact you.
In between your safety check you can also do the below to keep your home gas safe:
- Check for warning signs that could indicate appliances are not working correctly. Signs may include lazy yellow /orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance or a pilot light that keeps going out.
- Know the six main symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
- Install an audible carbon monoxide alarm and look out for your community by making sure your friends, relatives and neighbours have one too. Check they are marked EN50291 and display the British Standards’ Kitemark.
For more gas safety advice visit GasSafeRegister.co.uk.