The Tenancy Policy covers the granting of various tenancy types across owned by Together Housing Association.
It applies to all current and future tenants as well as leaseholders of the association.
The aims of the Tenancy Policy are to:
- Make the best use of the available housing stock, including reducing overcrowding, tackling under-occupation, making best use of adapted housing for those with a disability and designated supported housing
- Supporting the development of balanced and sustainable communities across the areas within which we work
- Provide affordable housing of decent condition
- Enable customers to make informed choices by making more flexible options available
- Provide support to older and vulnerable customers to ensure fair access to our housing, to provide information about suitable housing options and to sustain tenancies via in house staff and external partners.
- Encourage customers’ long term housing aspirations by developing options for home ownership.
- Outline the arrangements in respect of tenancy and Right to Buy/Acquire fraud.
You can download the entire document below.